Successful Pan-EMEA SRM Assignment with DHL
David successfully completed a sensitive eighteen month assignment for DHL as Interim EMEA Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) & Procurement Programme Leader, based in Brussels.
Excerpts from the client's reference are shown on the right and more detail about the assignment is offered below.
The Client;s Business
DHL Service Parts Logistics is a global business delivering spare parts to engineers across ~100 countries in EMEA within 2 or 4 hours, for clients including HP, Aribus, Cisco, Oracle etc. utilising a network of:
- 17 Regional Service Hubs
- 370+ Warehouses
Contact Centers in Hungary and the United Arab Emirates
- Regional Air Express Hub in Leipzig, Germany
Background to the EMEA Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) Assignment
Working closely with regional operational leaders and DHL & Deutsche Post Group procurement stakeholders in Brussels, Madrid, Milan, London, Bonn, & Paris, David developed a collaborative approach to supplier relationship management (SRM), with a win-win focus on cost, rather than margin reduction.
Specifically this involved:
- Benchmarking key cost-drivers of incumbent suppliers across EMEA
- Researching national markets and leading local supplier engagement activities to assess DHL's in country competitiveness.
- Collaborating with regional DHL procurement stakeholders to leverage wider Group spend
- Configurinng & leading e-Sourcing events using Ariba & Emptoris platforms.
The programme is now established as a permanent feature with the business with a track record of delivering double-digit percentage savings. David also:
- Worked with the VP of Risk & the Senior Legal Counsel - Europe to develop model contracts for the time critical transportation and warehousing categories.
- Negotiated a EUR 16m contract working with the CEO of DHL Express during the sale of a business unit.
Go back to the start of Interim Management Purchasing ?
© www .interim-management-purchasing.co.uk December 2012
Excerpt from the reference by DHL's VP of EMEA Network Operations' following an assignment as Interim EMEA Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) & Procurement Programme Leader.
“...David's six month contract was twice extended to eighteen months. In that time he has demonstrated a willingness to get involved at all levels of the project, sharing his expertise and knowledge with the team and has made a significant contribbution to developing, implementing and delivering a different procurement model for the business with commitment and integrity ".
"Having worked with David over the last eighteen months I would have no hesitation in recommending him for any senior procurement role ”.
Full DHL Reference