Purchase Orders for > €3,000 / £2,000
Implementation / Valid From
These principles and procedures have been valid since the Oracle ERP system go-live on January 2nd 2008.
Authorisation to Purchase
Only Delegated Purchasers or members of the Purchasing team are authorised to make purchases for the Client Company, except in certain authorised cases.
Oracle ERP system Purchase Orders for > €3,000 / £2,000
Purchase Orders in excess of €3,000 (or £ 2,000 in the UK) should only be placed by a member of the Purchasing team or Special Delegated Purchasers who have been given enhanced delegated authority to purchase.
Towards Which Member of the Purchasing Team Should the requirement Be directed?
Indirect / non-stock purchase orders above the € 3,000 (or £ 2,000 in the UK) threshold should be sent to:
- Rxxxxx Exxxxx (or his nominated Special Delegated Purchaser/s) for UK Plant
- The Purchasing team in Kxxxxxx Hxxxxx for Global HQ
- Vxxxxxx Cxxxxxx (or her nominated Special Delegated Purchaser) for France
- Dxxxxx Rxxxxxx for Germany (Special Delegated Purchaser)
- Vxxxx Vxxxxx for Belgium and the Netherlands (Special Delegated Purchaser)
During peaks in workload the relevant member of the Purchasing team may elect to delegate the responsibility for some purchases back to the Delegated Purchaser, rather than cause delay.
Budget Holder’s Authorisation
Oracle ERP system will automatically send budget holders a request to accept or decline the proposed purchase through Outlook. Authorisation routes are defined by the Finance team. Queries about the Purchase Order approval process should be made to the appropriate Finance Manager.
Purchasers will be responsible for the receipting transaction (or its delegation). Receipting is an essential component of the “three way match” (receipt of goods/service, invoice & purchase order).
- the Client Company's standard terms and conditions of contract can be found on the Client's Intranet site and on www.theclientcompany.com.
- Training slides for Delegated Purchasers to raise Oracle ERP system Purchase Orders are shown on Tools for Purchasing.
Read our Frequently Asked Questions page first and if you can't find the answer there email: email@example.com Queries about the Purchase Order approval process should be made to the appropriate Finance Manager.